Finance Officer - NOC Support
The Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC) is a registered company with its office in Suva.
It is one of five Continental Olympic bodies and looks after the interests of 17 member nations or National Olympic Committees (NOCs) in the Oceania region, including Australia and New Zealand. Its principle function is managing the Olympic Solidarity sport-related programs for its Oceania region members.
An opportunity exists for a self-motivated, result oriented and creative person to join the team at our Secretariat in Suva.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of NOC financial activities
- Ensure adequate controls are in place in regards to systems, finance and administration processes, which is compliant to the Basic Principles of Good Governance (BPGG)
- Identify improvements to processes, systems, etc. to ensure efficient and accurate reporting of financial information
- Facilitate reconciliation of Continental and World Programme funds managed by ONOC with ONOC accounts and Solidarity records
- Facilitate NOC acquittals and reporting thereof to ONOC and Solidarity
- Ensure NOC Accounting and Administrative records are properly kept, backups are performed and safely stored
- Conduct appropriate administrative training for relevant staff at all levels in ONOC & NOC’s where necessary
- Participate in NOCs’ planning processes to ensure NOCs’ requirements are embraced
- Liaise with NOCs on annual audits and OS audits
- Back up for ONOC Finance Officer.
- A graduate degree, preferably in the field of Accounting and Financial Management.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, at all levels within stakeholder organizations and external bodies
- National or regional experience is a bonus
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications as well as accounting software
- Ability to exercise independence of judgment and carry out the responsibilities with minimum direction and supervision
- Attention to detail, Initiative and Patience.
The salary will be commensurate to the skills and experience that you bring to the team.
The application form together with a detailed resumé must be sent to email@example.com citing the job title in the subject line, by Monday, November 18 (5pm Fiji Time).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Download Application form below.